Did you know…
- Female Genital Mutilation (FGM) is Islamic?
- Mohammed approved of FGM?
- Mohammmed’s wives, friends and companions openly engaged in FGM?
- no school of Islam does otherwise than allow, recommend, or mandate FGM?
- Islam reproduces the social conditions that cause FGM?
- Islam creates sexually violent societies, which put the reputation and ‘purity’ of girls and women at heightened risk?
- FGM is one of a range of Chastity Assurance practices that safeguard the ‘purity’ and reputation of girls and women?
- other Chastity Assurance practices include child marriage, arranged marriages, brideprice, veiling, gender segregation, chaperoning, ‘honour’ culture, footbinding and harems?
- suffering and trauma are not unfortunate by-products of FGM, but are essential parts of the procedure, being used to breakdown the child’s personhood and render her submissive to her family and community, and their god?
- the global distributions of FGM and of Islam closely coincide. Where Islam spreads, so does FGM. Migrating Moslems have brought FGM to previously unaffected countries?
Welcome to FGMTruth – an extended investigation into the nature and origins of FGM.
This investigation has become necessary because the facts and truth concerning FGM have become taboo in mainstream discourse. They have been replaced with obfuscation and blind-eye-turning, with wishful thinking and narratives dictated by expediency and political correctness .
FGMTruth aspires to investigate and understand FGM in a manner unaffected by the biases vitiating the mainstream discourse.
There are two condensed versions of the investigation – a 15-minute read if want the essentials, and a 45-minute read if you want more depth and detail. The site also contains other resources that contribute towards a better understanding of FGM.
We welcome and will address all questions, contributions and comments – including criticism – provided they are courteous and in good faith.
If you wish to be notified whenever a new chapter is published you will find ways of following this blog at the bottom of the page.
Chapters published so far
The Correlates of FGM
Religious Doctrine & FGM
Modern Islam & FGM
FGM Before Islam
Gerry Mackie’s ‘Convention Hypothesis’ of FGM
Evaluating Mackie’s Hypothesis
Social Conditions Favourable to FGM
The True Functions of FGM
The Origins, Spread & Persistence of FGM: Towards a Comprehensive Theory of FGM
1 – A Response to ‘Delinking Female Genital Mutilation/Cutting from Islam’
2 – A Response to ‘Delinking Female Genital Mutilation/Cutting from Islam’
3 – A Response to ‘Delinking Female Genital Mutilation/Cutting from Islam‘
4 – A Response to ‘Delinking Female Genital Mutilation/Cutting from Islam’
5 – A Response to ‘Delinking Female Genital Mutilation/Cutting from Islam‘
6 – A Response to ‘Delinking Female Genital Mutilation/Cutting from Islam’